You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 1, 2010.
Which one of these is not like the other: raspberries, cream, chipotles, pastry?
Because I’m contrary like that, this is not a blog about Raspberry Cream Pie at all. Go figure. But seriously, didn’t we just have a raspberry cake? I think about chipotles when I think of raspberries, don’t you? I begged the blog fairies for help, a magic wand was waved around, little bells chimed, and raspberry cream pie turned into… Bobby Flay’s Chinese Chicken Salad with Red Chile Peanut Dressing.
I changed the recipe “a bit”, as follows:
- I used chunky peanut butter
- I added 2 large chipotle peppers instead of the purée
- I added 2 large cloves of garlic
- I reduced the canola oil to 2 T (half a cup? Really?)
- I added 1 T of chillies in oil (you can buy these at any Asian grocery. Smoky goodness)
- I ditched the romaine and used purple and green cabbage instead of the napa
- I added julienned red peppers to the mix
- I served the salad on top of some cold rice noodles, just to soak up the sauce (and because Jimmy wanted some carbs)
With those “few” changes, it was SO fresh-tasting and delicious! Perfect for a hot summer day on the back patio, which is where we enjoyed it. Check out Jim with his salad: doesn’t he look happy?
P.S. I hope you’re actually camping this fine long weekend instead of reading this blog.